Thursday, March 31, 2016

Low Calorie Side Recipe Oven Roasted Garlic Cabbage

            Oven Roasted Garlic Cabbage

If you are anything like me the hardest part about what to fix for dinner is coming up with a healthy side dish.

 I don't know about you, but I personally had one of those grandma's who fixed mashed potatoes every single night for dinner as our side dish when I was growing up. And I do mean for every dinner even when we had spaghetti she would make mashed potatoes to go with it! So, my knowledge base for the side dish was very small and the fact that I hate vegetables doesn't really help the cause either.

That makes me even more excited when I find an awesomely yummy, low calorie, and easy to fix side dish recipe. Here it is just for you Oven Roasted Garlic Cabbage.

 PS, you can use it to replace the garlic bread with the above mentioned spaghetti and you take down the calories on that meal + add a vegetable ;)
Shakeology, hypothyroidism, weight loss, Beachbody, 21 Day Fix
For a FREE Beachbody Club Membership CLICK HERE
  • 1 big green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices;
  • 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil;
  • 5 large garlic cloves, minced;
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;

Preparation

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
  2. Brush both sides of each cabbage slice with the olive oil or coconut oil.
  3. Spread the garlic evenly on each side of the cabbage slices, and season them to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Roast in your oven for 20 minutes; then turn the slices over and roast them again for another 20 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
Each slices is <40 calories
For my Fixers 1 green

No comments:

My Social Media Sites

FOLLOW ME

   Follow me on:🔻 ➨ Facebook   ➩ Instagram    ➬ Twitter    ➽ Pinterest

WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT BY THANKSGIVING?