Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy Low Calorie 21 Day Fix Baked Oatmeal Cups

Most people do their meal prep on Sundays or Mondays, but I work nightshift weekends, so my Meal Prep day is usually Tuesday. Prepping on Tuesday seems to workout pretty good, because the kids are in school and most people are at work, so the store isn't so crowded and I can get in and out in goodtime. And let's face it we all seem to be short on time, right?

What I tell my challengers and what I've found to be true for myself with my weight loss (I've lost 175 lbs My Weight Loss Story) is that success is in the planning. Along with that the best plan is a simple one and that it has to fit with your lifestyle, because if it doesn't you're not going to stick with it for the long term. And in order to have PERMANENT weight loss success you have to make LIFESTYLE changes that are permanent, no crash diets, no pills, no giving up one food group or eating only 1 food group. This is a balanced, simple nutrition plan with proven results! The 21 Day Fix teaches the right way to eat for a healthy life!(Need a plan for your weight loss? Send me a message and let me tell you all the ways I can help you find success.)

Now that you have your Meal Plan it's time to make your menu for the week and that is usually what takes the most time, but after the first few times doing it you'll learn what recipes you like and what works best for you and your's so it will get easier as time goes by. 
The key to the Meal Prep game is to keep it simple:
  1. Figure out your menu.
  2. Go shopping.
  3. Get cooking & prepping foods (washing & cutting up veggies & putting them in serving size containers, etc.)
  4. Make large quantities so you can freeze some for future meals for weeks to come.
  5. Complement meals that take more time to prepare with wash-and-go fruit, simple salads, & easy snacks like Shakeology, Greek yogurt, or hard-boiled eggs.
  6. Save weekly menus that you love, so you can skip the planning and head straight to the store next time!
HERE IS ONE OF MY FAMILIES FAVE RECIPES FOR A QUICK ON THE GO BREAKFAST;)
21 Day Fix
Baked Oatmeal Cups with Raisins and Walnuts
Total Time: 45 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 cup each
Ingredients:
Nonstick cooking spray
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp. raw honey
2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (I don't like cinnamon so I don't use it)
1½ tsp. baking powder
1½ cups unsweetened almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
¾ cup chopped raw walnuts
¼ cup raisins (I prefer golden raisins or cranraisins)
Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, extract, bananas, and honey in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add oat mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
6. Add almond milk; mix well.
7. Divide oat mixture evenly between prepared muffin cups.
8. Top evenly with walnuts and raisins.
9. Bake 26 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Tip: Pecans, cashews, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, or dark chocolate chips can be substituted for walnuts and raisins.
FOR MORE HEALTHY AND/OR 21 DAY FIX RECIPES CLICK ON THE RECIPE SECTION ABOVE! BE BLESSED. LORI


No comments:

My Social Media Sites

FOLLOW ME

   Follow me on:🔻 ➨ Facebook   ➩ Instagram    ➬ Twitter    ➽ Pinterest

WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT BY THANKSGIVING?